10 effective tips to lose belly fat & still live a life you love!
Life is crazy busy and as a mother of 4 children I’ve researched what I believe to be the easiest most important tips. I needed something convenient that didn’t take a lot to make a lifestyle change. Get on this journey with me!
Belly fat not only makes us uncomfortable on the inside but let’s be real, it’s not a pleasant feeling when your pants are too tight. Though losing fat from this area can be difficult, there are several things you can do to reduce the amount of abdominal fat.
1. Track your food intake and exercise. Tracking your food will help you closely monitor your calorie intake. Staying under your suggested calories and tracking your carbs, fibers, proteins, and micronutrients will be very beneficial in your weight loss journey. My fitness pal is one of many different apps that are available to make tracking your intake easy. Many of these apps will also allow you to track your exercise.
2. Eat a diet high in protein. Protein has been proven to be extremely important in weight loss. Protein will help you maintain muscle mass and will raise your metabolic rate. Generally people who eat a high protein diet have less abdominal fat than those that don’t. A few good sources of protein are:
3. Limit your daily alcohol intake. We all know alcohol in excess isn’t good for our body. The catch here is to not drink alcohol in excess. There’s no need to completely cut alcohol out of your diet but you should definitely limit the amount you drink. Now that doesn’t mean you don’t drink except for two days a week and on those two days you drink two bottles of wine. That is excess alcohol consumption! A glass a day is better than drinking all of those glasses in one day.
4. Make sure you get enough soluable fiber. Soluable fiber absorbs water and forms a gel that helps slow down food as it passes through the digestive system. You should make an effort to consume foods high in fiber every day. Excellent sources of fiber are:
5. Limit the amount of sugary foods you consume and avoid all sugar-sweetened beverages. Both are known to cause weight gain. Even healthier sugars, such as raw honey, should be used sparingly. Drinks to avoid:
6. Cardio. Cardio is an effective way to burn calories resulting in weight loss, especially around the waistline. Cardio exercises that can help you lose weight are:
7. Drink green tea. Green tea is an extremely healthy beverage choice. It contains caffeine as well as the antioxidant EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate, both of which appear to help boost your metabolism.
8. Cut back on your carb intake. Cutting back on carbs can help tremendously reduce your waistline. You don’t have to cut carbs completely but consider replacing refined carbs with more healthy carb sources such as whole grains, legume, and veggies.
9. Trade your regular cooking oil for coconut oil. Coconut oil is one of the healthiest fats you can eat. You can also add coconut oil to your smoothies.
10. Drink apple cider vinegar. When drinking ACV mix 1tbsp with water to dilute as it can damage the enamel of your teeth. This can not only aide in your weight loss but it can also lower your blood sugar.
It all comes down to lifestyle change. Getting rid of the things in your life that cause the weight gain. Weight loss isn’t easy and will take some perseverance on your part. You can’t lose the weight and go back to your old habits because that weight will come right back. Choose
your hard, weight loss or overweight. It will be worth it in the end!